Wednesday 25 June 2008

Letting 2 close friends go

I've been having a hard time lately regarding friends and social circle.
My problem is they always seem to flake.
I'm a very lenient person and a problem with me is I sometimes allow people to walk all over me, I'm generous, I like to make peoples day and so on. I'm not completely nice, I can be a dick but it's hard for me to be a dick to people. Not even that, but just saying no. I feel bad for saying no or declining someones invitation.

I'll keep on point in this post anyway.

It's taken me years (I don't know how many exactly) to learn that:
a friend you've known for a long time is not necessarily a good or best friend.


One of them just lies constantly and I believe it all the time it's weird because you can never prove he's lying you just know it. I've nearly got in serious trouble because of him before taking some clothes back to a shop for him which he'd switched price tags on. I didn't know he did this. I should have known though.

I just wanna go out and have a drink and work on building my social skills (and with the girls). But what I considered my close or "best" friends really fuckin' hold me back.

I know there's no excuse to move forwards in life but at the same time it's true that friends are your friend because of the way you are. So when you start changing it can potentially fuck up your relationship.

I have known these two friends for over 6 years. There are parts of them I really like and really enjoy. There are also parts which annoy the fuck out of me and it's like WAKE THE FUCK UP, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Friend 1. P -- Endless lies, excuses, rationalisations, stories, hyperbole. As much as I love this guy, I fucking hate him. He reacts badly if you don't do something he wants or if you disagree with him. I wouldn't carry his umbrella so he got some other fool to hold it and was like "THANKS DAVE", "YEAH THANKS DAVE" I think in an attempt to make me feel guilty.

Friend 2. J -- Angry dude, scarcity mentality (you have to step on others to get to the top), inconsiderate of others, decides based on anger, says yes when he means no.

Maybe I am guilty of some of these things myself. I like taking on responsibility because it allows me to improve myself if something is fucked up.

I genuinely wish I could like these guys and go out with them and we could all just have the best time like we have done before. I have to let them go though because I cannot progress while interacting with negative energy and scarcity mentality.

I'm on the path to success anyway and I don't know where they are going. So the lesson I learn from this is:
  • Reject any of their requests to go out - decline/don't answer.
  • Be nice but not inviting, be distant, don't return calls or messages.

Anyway, LESSON HOPEFULLY LEARNED.

No comments: