Friday 27 June 2008

Rob the Natural

I've known this character many months now, for a while before 2008.

Me and a friend decided to start going out to places in our town after the gym. It was great, spoke to a bunch of people and it carried on for a couple of months. Then a friend of mine from college was in the same place as us one night and I was stoked to see him because he left college before me and we hadn't seen each other in ages. Anyway he was out with this guy called Rob.

We were dancing up near the DJ and I ended up meeting Rob through my mate. At first he just seemed very friendly. We got some photos and vibed a bit.

Rob is basically the craziest person I've ever met. He really doesn't give a shit about what people think of him. Somehow he always ends up talking to the strangers around us and gets in to a conversation.

I think it's good to have him as a friend because I can learn from him and it's really interesting to see how he makes things happen, how he reacts to certain things and so on.

One time I remember he was sat with us and a group of girls were sat near us, he went to get a drink. When he came back he was dancing right next to them while they were sat down and we were looking at him laughing, the girls were loving it and he knew it but just didn't care.

Another time in the taxi he ended up coming to my house and sleeping over, I don't even usually have friends who sleep over. Somehow this guy manages to push his reality over others. I didn't even intend on letting him sleep, he was really loud and my wallpaper was slightly ripped, he ended up ripping it off. I'm like "what the fuck is this" lol. I was just trying to get to sleep but he continued trying to talk to me about his girlfriend, his confidence and my confidence. He doesn't know about "game" I don't think but he definitely has some. He talks about stuff like confidence and that on a surface level.

He's really in to fashion, looks, superficial stuff. He's annoying at times but everyone seems to be drawn to that confidence he has.

He comes round to my house on a Sunday in his car (he's like 18) asking if I want to go see any of our other mates. We end up getting some quick food from McDonalds and he'll be talking to some random stranger and be like "yeah we want large fries, etc CHEERS SUE" and just say really crazy stuff.

He said it himself, he gets away with so much stuff. It's not all fun though because when we got taxis home from going out he'd always like get me to lend him money and he would give it back but it would take ages until I got it.

He manages to go out with hardly any money and I found out another mate owes him money.

There's some pretty interesting things I learned from him:
  • Do anything with enough confidence and congruence and you'll get away with it
  • Don't answer every question that's asked of you aka don't give a logical answer (it's actually hard to get an answer out of him)
  • Talk as much as possible to everyone, everywhere
  • He's mostly the topic of conversation (usually because of the shit he gets up to)
I know guys that are confident, it's just the level of confidence he has baffles me.

I heard that you're the average of the 5 friends you hang out with which I think is likely very true. People have an influence on you more than you think.

No comments: